Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the Medical Director leads the Medical Services Department, including direct supervision of the Assistant Medical Directors and the Clinical Informatics/Lead Clinician. The Medical Director oversees educational rotations for students and continuing education efforts in clinical care, social determinants of health, cultural diversity, quality improvement, and advances in practice management for providers. The Medical Director executes organizational strategic initiatives and participates in developing and complying with standards for quality and care management. The Medical Director provides direct care in the outpatient primary care setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide direct primary care services to patients consistent with ICHS practices
2. Direct medical services and care management under direction from CMO
3. Supervise Assistant Medical Directors, Clinical Informatics/Lead Clinician
4. Oversee and/or supervise student/preceptor/resident opportunities at ICHS.
5. Assist the Chief Medical Officer in long-term organizational strategic planning, managed care planning and program and grants development
6. Collaborate with other department leaders in Operations, Health Services, and other areas to ensure patient-centered, high quality, and integrated health services.
7. Collaborate in recruitment, retention, orientation, continuing education and training activities for medical providers and other key staff.
8. Develop and mentor leadership skills and experience in Medical Services staff
9. Participate in Management Team meetings, outside meetings relating to clinic services relevant to the clinic and, as needed, Board Committee meetings.
10. Oversee regular provider and other staff meetings.
11. Assist in the development and maintenance of medical staff policies, clinical practice protocols, guidelines, policies and procedures
12. Serve as clinic advisor for Health Education, WIC/Nutrition and Community Advocacy Programs
13. Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, standards, and ICHS policies and procedures.
14. Ensure compliance with Safety and Health policies, procedures, regulations and standards; and actively support Emergency Response Plan and activities.