Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization known for our comprehensive approach to ending homelessness, renewing lives & reclaiming hope for NYC’s homeless. Our mission is to transform the lives of homeless NYC men & women who in addition to being without a home, cope with mental illness and/or addiction to drugs/alcohol and are in need of primary care. We are seeking FT & PT BC/BE Internists, Family Medicine Providers to join our multidisciplinary social service team.
Positions offer opportunity for administrative responsibilities. NYS medical license & registration and excellent organizational & interpersonal skills required. Computer efficiency is req’d. Experience working with homeless adults preferred. Competitive salaries commensurate w/your experience
The Primary Care Physician is responsible for the examination, diagnosis and the treatment of patients within the scope of the Health Center. It is preferred the candidate is certified in Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) for drug dependency, prescribe Suboxone and is willing to treat patients with Drug and Alcohol Dependency.
- Provides medical diagnoses, treatment and advice to patients in accordance with New York State regulations and the scope of training of the clinician.
- Responsible for consulting with the appropriate medical specialists, when deemed necessary according to the Health Center protocol.
- Prescribes and/or dispenses required medication to patients.
- Provides medical supervision to the assigned clinical team leaders.
- Directs, organizes and participates in preventive health programs.
- Participates in the development and implementation of quality assurance management and utilization review.
- Participates in community outreach programs.
- Contributes to the overall functioning of the department.
- Maintains patient records in accordance with the policies of the department.
- Maintains all New York State and federal licensing requirements as current according with the department’s credentialing policy.
- Maintains current certification in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Performs related work as required.
- Completes 30 annual Continuing Medical Education credits.
- Participates in Departmental meetings and conferences.