Position: Family Nurse Practitioner (Part-time, 24 hours/week)
Southwest Community Health Center (SWCHC) opened its doors in 2005 to provide quality health services to community members lacking adequate resources to access necessary care. SWCHC currently operates two sites – in SW Portland in the Multnomah Village neighborhood and in downtown Hillsboro. We are looking for a Family Nurse Pracitioner to serve our growing patient population, splitting their time between our Portland an Hillsboro locations.
Family Nurse Pracitioner supports SW Community Health Center’s mission of providing high quality health care in a safe, reassuring and culturally-sensitive manner. Performs direct patient care services. Performs selected diagnostic and therapeutic tasks.
Typical Clinical Responsibilities:
- Performs direct patient care services.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic tasks in clinic
- Takes complete and accurate and detailed medical histories; performs complete physical examinations.
- Performs and/or assists in the following routine laboratory and screening techniques: (a) drawing of venous blood; (b) giving immunizations (c) taking of cultures (throat, GC, etc.); (d) pelvic examinations and pap smears.
- Performs the following routine therapeutic procedures: (a) debridement, suture and care of superficial wounds; (b) debridement of minor superficial burns; (c) removal of foreign bodies from the skin; (d) removal of sutures; (e) taping and splinting of sprains; (f) incision and draining of superficial skin infections. (g) toe nail removals (h) wart removals (I) IUD placements
- identification of high risk patients
- monitoring of patients on SWCHC’s Chronic Disease Registries
- provision of follow-up for patients at-risk or missing their appointments
- provision of health education/health literacy information and support.
- Actively participate on the Clinic Operations Committee to establish and/or revise clinical policies and procedures
- Completing charting and required paperwork in a timely manner. Work with HIT (Health Information Technology) Team to implement and utilize electronic medical records.
- Provide oversight during clinic hours
- Return patient calls, as needed, or direct to the appropriate channel.
- Provide chronic disease management services, including: In accordance with the SWCHC Medical Director, establish protocols for the clinic in compliance with governmental guidelines and clinic policies. Implement systems to help facilitate organizational flow.
- Current Oregon license as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Three (3) or more years current years practicing as a FNP in a clinical setting strongly preferred
- Bilingual skills – ability to read, write and speak fluently in Spanish and English – strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with others to design efficient work-flow systems.
- Respect, kindness and compassion towards all SWCHC patients, staff and volunteers.
- Must have a high level of organizational skills.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Relate to and work with people of all ages, social and ethnic backgrounds and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Work independently and as a part of a team and to inspire confidence and trust in patients and staff.
- Understand the patient needs as consumers of health care and focus service around those needs.
- Complete many different duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Work under stress when confronted with critical or unusual situations.
- Demonstrates ability to exercise analytic ability.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand – sometimes for extended periods of time, communicate, and be able to operate a personal computer, printer, telephone and photocopier. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours, Compensation and Benefits:
This part-time position requires attendance at both day and evening hours. Compensation will range from $60 hour, with pro-rated benefits.
Please submit a CV and brief cover letter highlighting your related experience and why you are interested in the position, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We value diversity and encourage applications from people of color, individuals from low-income backgrounds, and other populations served by SW Community Health Center.