DIRECTOR OF ADDICTIONS SERVICES
New York State medical license and registration
Board Certified psychiatrist
Addiction Certification (ABPN or ASAM)
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Experience working with homeless adults preferred.
· Reports to Chief Medical Officer
· Provides oversight of psychiatric services at Kenton Hall Shelter, 3rd St. Shelter, Outpatient Department (Recovery Center), Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services (MSOWS) and Chemical Dependence Crisis Services (CDCS).
· In collaboration with Program Directors for these programs, provides clinical leadership in interdisciplinary care.
· Provides direct care to men at Kenton Hall and clients of the OPD including assessments and ongoing psychiatric care as indicated, including psychopharmacology including buprenorphine induction and maintenance, monitoring of side effects and laboratory testing, psychotherapy as appropriate.
· Participates in weekly clinical team meetings at Kenton Hall and OPD.
· Reviews and signs treatment plans and discharge summaries for OPD.
· Provides consultation at MSOWS and CDCS including regular participation in program clinical meetings, and individual client consultation when needed.
· Ensures that all clients are seen on a timely basis. Provides consultation, crisis assessment and intervention for any resident when necessary.
· Provides necessary documentation for psychiatric care, client entitlements, and housing.
· Collaborates with on-site primary care providers, nursing staff, and shelter staff.
· Provides liaison to outside psychiatric or medical providers when appropriate.
· Supervises all on-site psychiatric staff including psychiatrists/psychiatric nurse practitioners, and day/evening licensed practical nurses.
· Provides collaborative practice agreement for nurse practitioners working in addiction programs.
· Provides clinical consultation and training on mental health and addiction topics to multidisciplinary team.
· Participates in agency quality assurance process and in development of agency psychiatric practice guidelines for addiction services.
· Participates in defining and developing psychiatric services in existing and new addiction treatment programs.
· Assists in ensuring integrated dual diagnosis treatment in all Project Renewal programs.