The Dentist is responsible for providing professional, quality dental care and treatment services for patients of the Center. The Dentist shall perform all professional duties in accordance with Center policies and procedures, as well as established standards of care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides dental services in an outpatient setting, in an organized and efficient manner.
- Provides comprehensive oral health care for acute and chronic problems through treatment with preventive and restorative techniques or through referrals to outside sources for services beyond the scope of the practice.
- Evaluates patient problems thoroughly and appropriately.
- Prescribes or plans appropriate and effective treatment.
- Provides clear documentation of patient visit notes, orders, telephone calls, clinical flow sheets and other records as required by quality standards.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills. Effectively communicates with patients, families and other staff members.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making skills and practices within his/her scope of expertise and licensure.
- Consults with physicians and other dentists appropriately; knows when to seek advice.
- Demonstrates teamwork by working effectively with all team members, attending and participating actively in group meetings and conferring with executive leadership and/or clinical managers (ie lab, pharmacy, nursing) about any issues that arise.
- Works closely with Office Manager and Finance Department to ensure that all resources, equipment and supplies are utilized efficiently and are cost-effective.
- Responds to organizational needs for leave coverage, office emergencies, chart completion, forms completion, peer review, lab review, and other needs in a cooperative fashion.
- Consistently demonstrates a professional demeanor and appearance. Serves as a good role model for staff.
- Stays up-to-date in his or her professional field and follows principles of evidence-based medicine. Follows clinical guidelines adopted by the Center.
- Serves as a preceptor or other resource for dental hygienists and dental assistants. May also precept clinical students on a voluntary basis.
- Establishes rapport with public and private clinical care referral resources.
- Participates in QI meetings, peer review sessions and special projects or activities that promote improvement in organizational performance and/or advance the mission, goals and objectives of the Center.
- Performs other related duties which may be assigned by the Chief Medical Officer, and/or Chief Executive Officer.
- Must have successfully completed dental training at a four (4) year, accredited Dental School and received an DMD or DDS degree
- Successful completion of a residency program in general dentistry.
- Must be licensed to practice Dentistry in South Carolina.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Certification from SC DHEC and Federal DEA to prescribe medicines.