Under general direction of the CEO, the CMO coordinates and supervises the overall clinical care program for the HealthLinc, Inc., (HEALTHLINC) ensuring clinical compliance with all appropriate external funding, accreditation, and reimbursement guidelines. The CMO will develop clinical programming, schedule provider personnel, implement and maintain the clinical quality improvement program, represent the provider staff to the CEO and as needed, the Board of Directors, and represents the HealthLinc program to patients, the community and other external parties as required. This position will participate and support the Patient Centered Medical Home model in coordinating the care needs of patients focusing on the continuity of care.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the planning and development of the HealthLinc healthcare program. Establishes standards of practice, oversees all procedures, protocols and standards regarding the efficiency and quality of healthcare delivered to HealthLinc patients.
- Provides final review and approval along with the CEO and Board of Directors for all clinical quality improvement reports, audits, and standards of care or practice guidelines.
- Exercises professional and administrative supervision of the HealthLinc provider team. Directly supervises the Site Medical Directors and the quality of medical care provided by providers and students.
- Supports the QI/QA program and the provision of high quality patient care
- Assures completion of the annual performance appraisals on all providers in a timely manner.
- Assists other members of the management team in developing ongoing patient care and management objectives.
- Develops quality of care guidelines and internal peer review procedures.
- Through the Site Medical Directors, ensures adequate coverage by assuming responsibility for provider scheduling, including after hour call.
- Assures that provider meetings, which include physicians, nurse practitioners, and ancillary staff, are held on a regular basis. Attend when necessary.
- Serves as a role model for provider staff.
- Forms strong relationships with local educational institutions and other organizations for the purpose of building the visibility and positive image of HealthLinc and its clinical program.
- As part of the management team, meets frequently with the CEO regarding clinical issues, making regular reports regarding clinical effectiveness.
- Contributes to the development of the annual HealthLinc budget.
- Responds to requests for medical information.
- Attends and participates in in-services education for staff, quality assurance program, and risk management programs
- Serves as permanent, non-voting member of the QA Committee.
- Monitors availability, appropriateness and necessity of care rendered by HealthLinc providers.
- As needed, serves as liaison between HealthLinc and health plans regarding matters of medical policy, standards of care and credentialing activities.
- In accordance with HealthLinc policy and procedure, participates in ongoing recruitment, hiring, discipline, evaluation and retention of a high quality provider staff.
- Responds to physician and patient inquiries and complaints.
- Provides medical consultation on medical/legal issues to the CEO.
- Serves as medical spokesperson for HealthLinc in the medical community and maintains appropriate contacts with professional health care organizations.
- Maintains compliance standards in accordance with the Compliance policies, FTCA and the Code-of-Conduct.
- Reports compliance problems timely and appropriately providing resolution and follow-up.
- May provide direct patient care in response to the needs of HealthLinc.
- Medical Degree with appropriate licensure to practice in Indiana.
- Board certification in a primary care field required.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in ambulatory care setting preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an administrative capacity highly desired.
- Experience in public health or delivery of care to medically underserved populations desired.