Located in the heart of downtown Phoenix, AZ, Circle the City is a not-for-profit healthcare family health center that is dedicated to providing high quality, holistic healthcare to people experiencing homelessness. We are currently looking for a Medical Director to help deliver our mission to create and deliver innovative healthcare solutions that compassionately address the needs of men, women, and children facing homelessness. The Medical Director will provide direct care for patients at the Downtown Family Health Center as well as assuming the leadership of its multidisciplinary clinical team. This physician should be interested in joining a dynamic team of dedicated professionals who are providing integrated care to an exclusively homeless population.
If you want to work for an organization with a "heart' and with people who want to make a difference in someone's life then Circle the City is for you. Our culture at Circle the City is always patient-centered providing our patient's healing and hope.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provisions of direct medical care to patients of our Downtown Family Health Center. This includes work-up, assessments and medical treatment of all patients seen in the clinic.
- Direct leadership, oversight and consultation to the professional and paraprofessional medical team.
- Formulation of plans to care, coordination of care with the care team.
- Develop, implement and interpret medical policy including medical necessity criteria, clinical practice guidelines, and new technology.
- Conducts peer to peer reviews for medical necessity.
- Responsible for provisions of quality care and infection control.
- Works closely with the behavioral health team for integration of care.
- Function as a peer member of the medical community
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Must have valid unrestricted Arizona Medical License
- Board-Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- 3-5 years of experience in working with homeless or underserved populations
Interested parties may contact Ehiggins@duffygroup.com